Mantra Living Pediatric Occupational Therapy was founded by Chandra Kipfer and provides services primarily throughout the Sea to Sky corridor, as well as North Vancouver and parts of Vancouver.
Chandra Kipfer has over 16 years of pediatric experience specializing in assessment and intervention for babies, preschool and school aged children. She began her education receiving a Kinesiology degree with Honours and a minor in Psychology, followed by Occupational Therapy, graduating with Distinction both from McMaster University. Over the years she has worked extensively with a wide variety of populations, settings and approaches across Canada and abroad primarily as a clinician as well as some time as a clinical researcher.
Chandra is committed to ongoing education and lifelong learning in order to provide effective service based on evidence when working with clients:
- Registered OT with the BC College of Occupational Therapy
- Member of Canadian Association of Occupational Therapy
- Registered Autism Service Provider for BC
- The Alert Program ®
- Handwriting Without Tears ©
- The COOP approach for DCD
- Pediatric feeding and swallowing
- S.O.S.- The sensory feeding approach for children with sensory differences
- Training in the Sensory Integration Praxis Test S.I.P.T. (Western Psychological Services)
- Visual Perception
- Hand skills
- Circle of security
- Sensory integration, attachment & trauma
Additional learning/courses completed in sensory regulation and integration, social thinking, autism, modified Constraint Induced Movement Therapy, splinting, standardized assessment tools, feeding and swallowing, client centred and family centred care, executive functions and working memory.
Awards and Research:
- Presenter at the Canadian National Occupational Therapy Conference May 2010 & 2013
- Presenter at British Columbia Pediatric Update Symposium 2011 & 2013
- 4 X CAHRD research grant recipient
- Clinical researcher -Bloorview Macmillan Children’s Centre, Toronto – 1 yr.
- Creator and developer of the Hygiene Heroes © program
Kelly Clarke, BScOT has been working in the pediatric field since she graduated from The Ohio State University in 2001. She has recently moved to Squamish from San Francisco, where she was Co-Director and Senior Therapist at a private, sensory integration-based pediatric clinic. Prior to working in San Francisco, Kelly ran her own home-based practice in Scottsdale, Arizona. Kelly’s specialty lies in treating children holistically, with an emphasis on assisting children in self-regulation, sensory processing and motor skills. Kelly believes in strengthening a child’s foundation of sensory processing and reflex integration to impact higher level skills. She treats children of all ages and abilities and works closely with their caregivers to maximize their learning and development.
- Sensory Integration
- Masgutova Reflex Integration
- DIR Floortime
- Handwriting Without Tears®
- Social Thinking
- Zones Of Regulation
- Therapeutic Listening
- Visual-Spatial Problem Solving