Mantra Living serves children of all ages in the Sea To Sky Corridor and the North Shore of Vancouver.
A child’s occupation is “playing and learning”. Mantra Livings focus for intervention is to help children of all ages acheive independence and success in activities of daily living by offering children positive, fun activities to improve their physical, cognitive and motor skills.
Mantra Living uses a family centered approach working closely and collaboratively with families and other team members (teacher, pediatrician, physical therapist, psychologist, speech language pahtologist).
Mantra Living works on goals where it makes the most sense for our children and families. Therapy can be provided in the home, daycare, preschool, school, community or 1:1 in a clinic setting.
Individual Assessment, Consultation and Intervention
Small Group Programs
These are offered on request as client needs and compatibility arise. For community offered programs please explore our registration section, follow our announcements or follow us on facebook.
- Meal Time Magic: This is our feeding group for children and families who are having difficulties with feeding due to sensory or motor challenges
- Scribbles & Snips: For children and their parents who need some support to develop the foundation skills for success with pre-printing, drawing and scissor skills
- Pencil Pals: Developing printing skills using a multisensory developmental approach
- Sensibilities: Supporting kids and their families to explore their sensory needs in a safe environment using a variety of sensory approaches to learn how they regulate themselves so that they can participate in learning and play better
- Fancy Fingers Handwriting: A multisensory approach to learning cursive writing
- Legers & Lines-Legibility: For children and their parents, an approach and strategies to improve legibility
- Mindful Movement: Helping kids with Developmental Coordination Disorder to learn motor skills
- Modified Constraint Movement Therapy CAOT Poster Nov 27 2012
- Social Thinking
Workshops for Parents and Professionals
- Sensibilities:– Exploring sensory processing and self regulation, the foundations and strategies to enable kids to participate sensationally!
- Fine Motor Foundations– Setting Kids up For Success
- How to Have a Happy Mealtime with Picky Eaters & Problem Feeders
- The Alert Program ® and Strategies for Self-Regulation
- Best Practice: How to use social stories, visuals and chaining effectively- A summary of the literature
Do you have a topic of interest? Contact us to see if we can develop a seminar to meet your needs
- Your extended benefits may cover private therapy similar to how your plan deals with physiotherapy or chiropractics
- All costs are tax deductable as medical expenses at the end of the year
- HST exempt
- Rates for Occupational Therapy are based on the BCSOT Private Practice Fee Guidelines, contact us for more information
- Rates for groups and workshops are set individually
- Additional Funding may be available to you through funding sources such as the Autism Funding Program, or the At Home program
Contact us to determine if occupational therapy services are right for you and your child- we are happy to connect & discuss
*It is best to explore your options and choose a therapist with the same care you would choose any of your other health care providers