Come enjoy the fresh mountain air and get fit while connecting with other new moms! This outdoor postnatal program offers strength and conditioning classes in a progressive manner, and is built to meet the specific postnatal fitness needs of the participants in the group. The program starts with a hands-on practical education session on the pelvic floor and other postnatal concerns that impact return to fitness. All trainers have completed extensive training to provide safe and functional postnatal training. Please note that while we are west coast mommas and brave the elements most of the time, an indoor location is secured for days with inclement weather as we run baby friendly workouts.
- First class includes a workshop on activating your pelvic floor and checking for diastisis rectii from a physiotherapist!
- Babies 6 weeks- 1 yr. or so are welcome! (Please consider your babies mobility when considering participation)
- Classes are limited to 8 participants with their wee ones , pre-registration required (limited drop-ins available if numbers allow)
- Participants should be a minimum of 6-8 weeks postpartum (be kind to yourself and give yourself time to recover!)
- Consult your physician prior to starting with us
- We workout rain or shine! Rain and sun stroller covers recommended
- In extreme weather an alternate indoor location has been arranged (TBA)
- Locations TBA- we rotate around exciting outdoor locations throughout Squamish
- Bring your stroller and/or baby carrier for strength and conditioning
- All classes follow guidelines from the Canadian Society of Exercise and Physiology and the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
- Trainers are pre and postnatal specialists and maintain current CPR and first aid certifications.